Nearly one in three UK business travellers are feeling demotivated by the lack of work trips, according to a survey by IHG Hotels & Resorts.
The survey of 2,000 UK travellers, conducted in January via OnePoll, also asked what they were missing about business travel and found:
- 40% miss face-to-face meetings
- 46% miss being able to stay in a different city
- 20% miss being able to order room service
- 48% say business travel allows them to create more meaningful relationships with colleagues, customers and clients
- 38% say business travel improves their overall mood and makes them more motivated
- 25% say business travel helps them work smarter
- 30% miss dining with clients/colleagues
- 38% miss having some time/space to themselves.
Karin Sheppard, SVP, Managing Director for Europe at IHG Hotels & Resorts said: “While many companies have successfully adapted to working in a completely virtual environment, you cannot replace face-to-face interaction and the valuable relationships that brings. I am confident business travel will return and will continue to play an important role for all companies, regardless of size. It’s just a matter of time.”