Jens Liltorp and Mark Cuschieri are among the newly-elected members of the GBTA’s Board of Directors, announced at the GBTA’s Mid-Year Virtual Summit and Annual Business Meeting this week.
Liltorp, Manager Global Travel and Meetings LEO Pharma, based in Denmark, has been elected as GBTA Direct Seat, Regional European, and will serve a three-year term.
Cuschieri, Executive Director Global Head of Travel UBS, will serve two years as the association’s Vice President. He is based in the UK.
Other newly-elected board officers are:
- Denise Truso, Global Travel Manager PayPal, as GBTA President, based in the US
- Sharlene Ketwaroo-Nanoo, Category Manager Travel & Events, Rogers Communications, GBTA Direct Seat, Regional Canadian
- Michelle (Mick) Lee, Managing Director, Head Corporate Services, Travel and Events BNY Mellon, GBTA Direct Seat, At-Large
- Alison Taylor, Chief Customer Officer American Airlines, Will Pinnell, Vice President, Digital and Product Strategy BCD Travel, and Maria Chevalier, EVP, Customer Success PredictX will serve as GBTA Allied Seats At-Large
- Rosemary Maloney, Global Travel and Expense Lead for Sprinklr, has been elected The President, GBTA Chapter President’s Council.
“As an industry, we would like to congratulate these inspiring and talented business travel professionals for earning their seats on the GBTA Board of Directors. And as an Association, we’d like to celebrate and thank all of the candidates who vied for these positions,” said Suzanne Neufang, CEO GBTA.
“The entire election process and preceding bylaw votes were a tremendous undertaking since the beginning of the year. GBTA would like to especially thank all volunteers involved and members for their engagement and commitment to the future success of the Association.
“In this election, for the first time ever, both buyer and supplier members could vote for all seats. For the first time, we have global voting representation and officers placed on the new board. And for the first time, nearly 30% of eligible GBTA members cast a ballot in this election. These are amazing firsts that bode well for the future of our Association, and the members and constituencies whom GBTA serves.”